April Fools’ Day keeps everyone on their toes. No one can believe anything they see or hear.
PHEW! I’m glad that everyone turned up for the field trip.
The EMRS team decided to take a field trip to the Army Museum. It is located near JooKoon MRT station, right next to Singapore Discovery Centre.Background of Army Museum
This museum shows the heritage of the Singapore Army, as well as to honour the contributions and celebrate the experiences of the soldiers. They hope to capture and tell the stories of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
In the Army, they constantly transforms and adapts to meet new challenges. However, amidst all the developments in hardware, systems and capabilities, and evolution in structures and doctrines, the Army will always remain anchored to our Mission, our Values and our People.
Our Enriching Journey
We met at Boon Lay MRT Station and headed for lunch before taking a bus down to Army Museum. We decided to split into groups and go on our separate ways for lunch. Ater lunch, we met collectively at the bus interchange. We boarded bus 193 and the journey took roughly 20 minutes.
Lunch at Jurong Point
While awaiting for the bus…
Shortly after arriving at the Army Museum, the students were briefed and were introduced to the tour guide. The tour lasted for an hour with many fun and exiciting activities and exhibitions. The itinerary comprise a walk-through of the various galleries in the museum, viewing of the shows in Object theatre and IMT, Simulator Range.
Our extremely friendly tour guide introducing us to the museum
Past Army Bunk Room
The first Military Interior and Defence Office
The students as well as our very own supervisor, Mr. Sudesh, trying the rifles at the simulator range
Our enthusiastic teammates attempting to solve the crossword puzzle
Outdoor Exhibition, photo taking with military vehicles
Mini obstacle course at the outdoor adventure park
The entire EMRS family at the outdoor exhibition
The whole field trip ended at 3:30pm. Overall, the EMRS family had plenty of fun there! The army museum provides a very well arranged and interactive overview of the of the Singaporean army and it evolution. The army contributes to both securing the country and integrating society. The exhibits are lively and informative, and the information is very useful in helping one to understand the military's role in society.
Sprit of the Army will be remembered by all of us!
Some of the comments that are made from the participants:
- The participants appreciate the part where we take group photos together as it symbolise the EMRS family.
- They feel that the tour is extremely knowledgeable, and they get to bond with other team members.
- The crossword puzzle managed to engage the students among their groups to discuss the answers.
- They enjoyed the simulator range where they got to try the rifles.
- The duration of the tour is too short resulting in the lack of time for the students to browse through the galleries.
- We managed to gain a better understanding of the pre-independence to Singapore's current day army.
- The trip could have been more beneficial if it was extended to the Singapore Discovery Centre as there will be more activities offered.